Celebrate Canada's 150th
So, What do we Canadians Have to be Proud of Particularly on this our 150th Birthday!
1. Smarties, which unlike Reese's Pieces melt in your mouth and not in your hand (not sold in the USA ).
2. Crispy Crunch and Coffee Crisp (not sold in the USA ).
3. The size of our football fields, one less down, and bigger balls.
4. Baseball is Canadian - 1st game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON.
5. Lacrosse is Canadian.
6. Hockey is Canadian.
7. Basketball is Canadian.
8. Apple pie is Canadian.
9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers.
10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts.
11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington ... We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied. Go figure.
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .
13. We have the largest English population that never surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER! (We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars).
14.. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing. He showed up just in time to get caught.
16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company (while Canadian owned + operated) once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
19.. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.
20.. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin and the telephone. Also short wave radios which save countless lives each year.
22.. We have all frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
24. We have coloured money.
25. Our beer advertisements kick ass (Incidentally ... so does our beer) but most important, the handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands in with mitts on.