A roundup of bits from the web.
* Ruling that woman must pay man she accused of rape stands.
* White rabbit spotted travelling around London using Tube and buses.
Calendar Of Festive Events
* Festival Of Trees - Now through December 3 at the Shaw Conference Centre with Santa's Breakfast on Sunday. Website
* Christmas in the Country On Saturday, December 2, 2017 take a tour around the communities of south Strathcona County and join in the fun with Christmas craft fairs and family activities. Take the Self-Guided Tour. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Take a self-guided tour of the following venues. Vendors and concessions will be cash sales only. More here.
* The St. David’s Welsh Male Voice Choir will present its Christmas Concert at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, December 10, 2017, at the historic Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10014 81 Avenue, Edmonton. Our choir will be joined by the Opus at 12 Concert Chamber Society and The Trinity Bell Ringers. Featured will be a traditional reading from Dr. Norman Thomas. Tickets are still just $15 and are available from choir members, or at the door. Website.
* 15 Holiday Light Displays You’ve Got To See In Edmonton And Area - This year, there are magical wonders that await you on your drive through the city and beyond, searching for Christmas lights displays in Edmonton. Grab a few cups of hot chocolate for the family, bundle up in Pajamas and blankets and stay up late visiting some of our favourite Christmas Lights displays in Edmonton.
* Ice Castles Is Bringing Its Winter Display To Edmonton This Season. The massive “Narnia-like” ice castle will once again delight Edmontonians and visitors to the city this winter. Ice Castles, which has built castles across the United States since 2009, announced on Facebook it is returning to Edmonton for the third year in a row. Ice Castles has once again partnered with the City of Edmonton and the Silver Skate Festival to bring the winter attraction back to Hawrelak Park in Edmonton’s river valley.